AEON Group Malaysia (AEON) celebrated its 37th anniversary with the theme “Sayap Bagimu” which was held at the TGV Theatre, AEON AU2 Shopping Centre in Kuala Lumpur
The anniversary celebration was attended by AEON management, business partners and local celebrities. The event was also broadcast live on the YouTube channel “AEON Retail Malaysia.”
Shafie Shamsuddin, Chief Executive Officer, AEON said “We are very grateful to be given the opportunity to celebrate this 37th anniversary. We had faced various challenges and yet AEON continues to grow through innovations, supported by a high level of enthusiasm and commitment of our employees and our ecosystem.”
“We are also grateful that AEON was given the wings to soar with the commencement of its operations 37 years by the Malaysian Government. The results of that are now being enjoyed by all stakeholders in the AEON ecosystem.
We would also like to thank the Government and its agencies as well as AEON’s business partners who continue to support us,” concluded Shafie.
In conjunction with the 37th anniversary celebration themed ‘Sayap Bagimu’, it is also a platform for a sustainability initiative for the nation. Its aspiration is to support each other to spread the wings and keep moving forward together.
Under this key initiative of ‘Sayap Bagimu’, there are various pillars of sustainability programmes which include Education, Community Service, Personal Development and Creative Communications, Development of Small and Medium Industries (SMEs) and many more.
Under the Education pillar, for Phase 1, AEON through Malaysian AEON Foundation has contributed 2,000 units of electronic devices worth RM1 million sponsored by AEON CO. (M) BHD. to Form 5 students from eligible B40 families in seven states involving 292 schools.
Besides that, the Creative Communication pillar, AEON produces television shows under Sayap Bagimu namely AEON Raikan, which is a talk show; AEON Mencari which is a reality show, AEON Sitcom and AEON miniseries.
The 37th anniversary ceremony was also enlivened with a preview of the above television programmes that will be aired gradually in stages. At the event, AEON announced several other initiatives under ‘Lebarkan Sayap Bersama AEON’ in the effort to provide the opportunities to fly high together in creating a better tomorrow.
Among the initiatives are:
- AEON Prihatin, a community development and support programme conducted by offering a business platform to small businesses to grow and be part of AEON ecosysytem.
- Financial facilities by AEON Credit Service (M) Berhad for Small and Medium Industries (SMEs) under the PUPUK@AEON programme as well as business development assistance from AEON.
- AEON x Mamasab International Sdn. Bhd. which offers a total reward of RM400,000 in search of the best agents. It not only encourages Mamasab agents to strengthen the field of entrepreneurship, but also to create a holistic and competitive ecosystem.
- Fresh2go is AEON’s collaboration with local vegetable farmers that promises freshness straight from the farm to AEON customers at reasonable prices that inspires sustainable living.
- 10.10 from 8 to 17 October 2021 on myAEON2go app from 10 am to 8 pm with a discount of up to 10% to AEON customers for every purchase of RM220 and above. AEON also collaborates with Wan Jamila or Artjamila to paint a pair of wings to symbolise the overall theme of the celebration – Sayap Bagimu.
To share the joy and gratitude, AEON customers are invited to participate in the “Guess & Win” contest by counting the wings featured on this Artjamila’s artwork.
The winners will take home various prizes with a total amount of RM37,000.00. Find out more about this contest at https://www.facebook.com/AEONMallMY
Among those participating in the programme are AEON business partners and sponsors such as Hype Energy Drink, BP Diapers Sdn Bhd, Mamee-Double Decker (M) Sdn Bhd, Samsung Malaysia Electronic Sdn Bhd, Osim International Ltd, Poh Kong Holdings Berhad, TGV Cinemas Sdn Bhd and C&J Clarks (M) Sdn Bhd.
To read more you can head onto ESPC World.