Home Community Country Heights Holdings & JD.com Bring Omni-Channel e-commerce platform to Malaysia

Country Heights Holdings & JD.com Bring Omni-Channel e-commerce platform to Malaysia

The collaboration will lead to the development of JD.com’s omni-channel business model using JD.com technologies and CHHB’s resources for the Malaysian market.

by K. Vatsala Devi
country heights collaborating

Country Heights Holdings Berhad has announced that it has entered into a Licensing and Collaboration Agreement with Beijing Wodong Tianjun Information Technology Co. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of JD.com, a leading technology driven e-commerce company in China. The collaboration will lead to the development of JD.com’s omni-channel business model using JD.com technologies and CHHB’s resources for the Malaysian market. 

JDMines Sdn Bhd will be set up to operate this initiative, where 70% will be owned by CHHB and the remaining 30% owned by Star Pulse Sdn Bhd, a technology incubator who will be working with Country Heights Holdings Berhad on the implementation and execution of the omni- channel business model.  

With this collaboration, JDMines will build the first physical store of about 100,000 sq ft of retail space on the ground floor of Mines International Exhibition and Convention Centre (MIECC), located at the Mines Resort City in Selangor. Consumers will be able to enjoy the products curated by JDMines in a physical store and have the option of either purchasing them in-store or online.

The Country Heights-JD.com Collaboration Will Benefit Malaysians

According to GlobalData.com E-Commerce Analytics, the Malaysian e-commerce market is one of the fastest growing in the Southeast Asia and registered a strong growth of 10.6% in 2021 due to an accelerated shift towards online shopping among consumers caused by the pandemic.  E-commerce payments in Malaysia is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 18.3% from RM28.5 billion in 2021 to reach RM55.7 billion in 2025.  This is a market that JDMines intends to further augment with its curated products and physical showcase on the JD.com platform.

Datuk Jared, Lim, Managing Director of Country Heights Holdings Berhad said, “We’ve been planning this with JD.com for almost a year and we are pleased to finally be able to announce the collaboration. This initiative is one of the building blocks of CHHB’s transformation strategy whereby we are partnering with one of the leading technology e-commerce companies in China to bring technology and products into Malaysia while leveraging on our assets and branding to enhance the consumer experience.

At its core, omni-channel is defined as a multi-channel sales approach that provides customer with an integrated customer experience.

At the signing ceremony, Tan Sri Lee Kim Yew, the founder and chairman of Country Heights Holdings Berhad said, “This is a pivotal moment in Country Heights which was founded to deliver “Better Living” to Malaysians. In line with our overall transformation plan, a partnership with one of the most successful technology groups in China will allow us to use technology to leverage on our assets and create significant value to our Group. Platforms allow product and services to extend our operations beyond our home state, catering for consumers across the entire market.”


“The rapid spread of technology accelerated by the pandemic has led to a pressing need for businesses to adapt.  Many businesses, especially in Malaysia and developing economies, are digitally disconnected.  To face these challenges, businesses need to embrace technology.  The pandemic has pushed to an inflection point where embracing technology is no longer an option but a necessity,” he further added

JDMines’ first physical store which will be located in MIECC – a venue that already commands a strong presence as Malaysia’s premier exhibition space and a pioneer in the exhibitions industry. The store is expected to be launched within 2022 (with the exact timing being dependent on the logistics challenges and travel restrictions).

JD.com is an international e-commerce company headquartered in Beijing that has invested in high-tech and AI delivery through drones, autonomous technology and robots, and possesses the largest drone delivery system, infrastructure and capability in the world. It has recently started testing robotic delivery services and building drone delivery airports, as well as operating driver-less delivery by unveiling its first autonomous truck.

related posts

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x