Tropicana Foundation, a charity arm of property developer Tropicana Corporation Berhad (“Tropicana” or “Group”), brought some early Christmas cheers to 50 children and their guardians from three welfare homes in the Klang Valley through a scrumptious Christmas Luncheon spread prepared by some of the finest chefs from one of the Group’s subsidiaries, Tropicana Golf & Country Resort.
“Underprivileged children are some of the most vulnerable communities in our society. The social workers that look after them tirelessly are also some of the most underappreciated personnel in Malaysia’s workforce.
“Tropicana is delighted to host this Christmas Luncheon, to do our part in bringing some Christmas cheers to the children and their faithful guardians in this season of joy,” said Jared Ethan Ang, Group Executive Director of Tropicana,” it said in a statement released on Thursday.
The three homes that were invited to this Christmas Luncheon at Tropicana Gardens Mall in Tropicana Indah were the Lighthouse Children Welfare Home Association, Pusat Jagaan Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Trinity, and Rumah Charis.
This is the second year the Tropicana Foundation has organised this Christmas Luncheon for underprivileged children.
Other generous sponsors of gifts for the 50 children include:
• Golden Screen Cinema, which contributed their special merchandise;
• The Entertainer, which contributed their toys;
• Taco Bell and TeaLive, which provided food and drinks;
• Loudspeaker, which sponsored a karaoke session;
• Flow Academy, which provided entertainment and dance performances;
• Book Xcess, which contributed story books; and
• Tropicana Golf & Country Resort, which prepared the lunch spread.
The three homes also received dry goods Tropicana Foundation had collected from its Buggy of Joy donation drive at Tropicana Gardens Mall.
Back for the second year, the Buggy of Joy donation drive at Tropicana Gardens Mall got off to a strong start on 10 November 2021 thanks to a substantial contribution from Tropicana’s employee, Samual Tan, and his family. They contributed 10,000 face masks, 600 packs of instant noodles, and 1,000 packs of instant coffee.
The public can still contribute to the Buggy of Joy by dropping off dry goods at the Centre Court, CC Floor of Tropicana Gardens Mall up to 22 December 2021.
Examples of dry goods include:
• Bulk dry goods – rice, oatmeal, noodles, biscuits, pasta
• Beverages – Coffee, milk powder, tea, baby milk
• Halal canned food – Sardine, baked beans, canned mushroom
• Cooking essentials – Salt, sugar, cooking oil, flour
• Healthcare products – Masks, sanitisers, cleaning solutions, toothpaste
The Tropicana Foundation also accepts cash donations via its CIMB Bank Berhad account number 8003575210. Visit bit.ly/BuggyOfJoy if you require a receipt for your cash donation.
Help the Tropicana Foundation ends its year with a bang by making your donation today!